|Sohrab, the fallen Prince of Raowan.|
|Hi, I'm Angel! I'm a published author and cover artist, but mostly I'm just a weird girl who likes to draw a lot. I create a ridiculous amount of fantasy and concept art, but not all of it makes it here in a timely manner, so feel free to browse through my galleries while you wait!|
Fair warning, this meme is 80 questions long. Read at your own
1. WHAT DOES YOUR DEVIANTART NAME MEAN AND WHY?
Well, I had a similar screen name on a few other sites (GuardianAngel1), but it was taken on DA when I first got here, so I just exchanged “Angel” for “Dragon”, lo and behold it worked. I never really bothered changing it, since shortly after that NeonDragon came out with the Guardian Dragon species for FR, and a few other dragon artists also created some “Guardian” type species, so I just stuck with it.
2. WHAT FANDOM WERE YOU OBSESSED WITH WHEN YOU JOINED DA?
Oh boy, that was what…five years ago? I was really, really into Supernatural at that point. That was probably my biggest fandom after Star Trek, which has been a lifelong obsession.
3. AND NOW?
Don’t get me wrong, Sam and Dean still have a chunk of my heart, but I fell off the rabid fangirl wagon around season five. I’ve picked up a few since then, Doctor Who among the largest. Star Trek, of course…that pretty much goes without saying.
4. NAME 3 OF YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS ON DA.
5. IF YOU HAVE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS, WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE AND WHY?
I have a crapload of OCs…but if I had to pick a favorite I’d probably go with my oldest, Poseidon. He doesn’t get nearly as much attention as he deserves, poor fella.
6. DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN CLUB CONTESTS HERE ON DA?
I’m a crime drama/ sci-fi junkie, so pretty much anything that involves, you know, crime and drama and/or science fiction. Hawaii 5-0, Doctor Who, Agents of Shield, Continuum, Leverage, Castle…that sort of thing.
9. WHAT ARE THE THINGS YOU WISH YOU COULD DRAW BETTER?
Drawing has never been the problem, it’s the painting part that gets me. Sketching and ink? Great. Colors and shading? Eh. I want to learn how to paint my stuff without ruining it, but I’m getting better at it. Also water. Water kills me.
10. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter, all day. The sun and I do not agree.
11. RAIN OR SUN?
As previously stated, the sun hates me. So, rain.
12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF MUSIC?
I like an odd mix of elecro dance and classical. So, techno with violins, if you will.
13. PC OR MAC
I used to be a PC gal until I was introduced to the Mac way of life. All those years I wasted on anti-virus software and hard drive crashes…*soft weeping*
14. ANIME OR MANGA?
You do realize they’re the same, except Anime is animated and Manga is printed? Anime, if I have to choose. Yu-Gi-Oh was one of my faves as a kid.
15. COKE OR PEPSI?
Pepsi. I like the sweeter taste.
16. READ OR TV?
TV, which is terrible considering my other job is as an author.
17. HOW MANY HOURS A DAY DO YOU SPEND ON DA?
18. NAME A TALENT.
Oh, you meant a talent of mine? Singing.
19. FLASH OR TRADITIONAL CARTOONS?
Depends on the content. Traditional in general though. I have mad respect for anyone who can draw a character exactly the same seventy times for thirty seconds of entertainment.
20. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT?
Probably Chik-Fil-A. They’re just super nice and the food is good.
21. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE BOOKS?(NOT MANGAS)
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas, The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis, and the DragonSpell series by Donita K. Paul.
22. WII OR PLAYSTATION?
Playstation. Spyro is my boy. I’m a huge fan of the Xbox 360 as well.
23. NAME 3 OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS/SINGERS.
Deadmau5, TobyMac, Royal Taylor…so many more.
24. DO YOU LIKE DENNY'S?
Ugh. If you only knew…
25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMILEY?
. Simple and to the point.
26. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF PIE?
Pumpkin, but apple and pecan vie for my favor.
27. HAVE YOU EVER STAYED UP FOR 24 HOURS?
I’ve stayed up for 56 hours before. Not fun, for anyone. I’ve also slept for 24 hours straight. Also not as fun as you’d think.
28. DO YOU GO ON DA A LOT?
Didn’t we cover this?
29. ARE YOU A MEMBER ON ANY OTHER SITES BESIDES DA?
Yep. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, NeonDragonArt, Etsy, Pinterest, ConceptCookie, StarTrek.com, ThinkGeek…I probably have memberships that I’ve completely forgotten about floating around in cyberspace somewhere. I pretty much belong to everything.
30. DO YOU COSPLAY?
Kind of. I don’t want to insult serious cosplayers, I am not nearly that devoted to it…but I’ve been to DragonCon as a Bajoran Kai and as an Andorian officer (blue skin and all) and I own an accurate Starfleet medical officer’s uniform.
Don’t look at me that way, you know it’s awesome.
31. FRUITS OR SWEETS?
There is a reason most candy is fruit flavored.
32. BUTTERED, PLAIN, OR SALTED POPCORN?
Kettle corn. I LOVE kettle corn. It’s a problem.
33. HAVE YOU SKIPPED SCHOOL?
I was home-schooled through 12th grade and then put myself through college….so, no.
34. HAVE YOU BEEN ON A PLANE?
35. HAVE YOU SWAM IN AN OCEAN?
Many times. The word you’re looking for is “swum”, by the way.
36. HAVE YOU BEEN ICE SKATING?
Yes, unfortunately. Watch a video of a newborn giraffe trying to stand up for the first time...you get the idea.
37. FAVORITE VACATION SPOT?
Hawaii. Specifically Kauai island, it’s probably the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen. After that, I’d have to say Garmisch, Germany.
38. EVER BEEN ON TV?
Not that I know of. I’ve been in a movie before though, as an extra. I’ve also been on the radio.
39. FAVORITE SALAD AND DRESSING?
Ranch. Mmm, creamy.
40. WHAT DO YOU DO TO RELAX?
Draw, listen to music, answer random questions for no real purpose, watch Netflix, eat whatever’s in arms reach.
41. WHAT IS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW IN THE THEATER?
42. FAVORITE SANDWICH?
Tuna, tomato, mayo, green bell pepper, and bacon on toasted wheat or white. That or peanut butter / nutella and banana.
43. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD…
So many places. Greece, Rome, Ireland, Italy, India, the Great Barrier Reef…etc.
44. FAVORITE TIME OF THE DAY?
Early evening, before it’s too dark to read and after the heat of the day.
45. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?
A marine biologist. I wanted to study marine mammals.
46. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE NOW?
Successful. I’m getting there.
47. IF YOU COULD EAT WITH ONE PERSON, WHO WOULD IT BE?
I’d love to have lunch with Alan Tudyk or Nathan Fillion. I think either of them would be great fun.
48. WHAT CHARACTER WOULD YOU HATE TO BE STUCK IN A ROOM WITH?
Depends on what world we’re talking about.
LOTR? Grima Wormtongue.
Star Trek? The Borg Queen.
Star Wars? Jabba the Hut.
Firefly? Jayne Cobb, in his early days.
Harry Potter? Peter Pettigrew.
Basically, any character that’s a slimy, greedy, thick-headed scum-bag with no moral center.
49. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
50. FAVOURITE TYPE OF ICE CREAM?
Mint Chocolate Chip is my long-standing favorite. Recently I’ve fallen in love with Ben&Jerry’s Chunky Monkey flavor.
51. LAST BOOK YOU READ?
52. WHICH STORE WOULD YOU MAX OUT A CREDIT CARD AT?
ThinkGeek or It’sugar. One of those.
53. DO YOU BUY / SELL / BOTH ON EBAY.
54. WHAT IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING PEOPLE ASK YOU?
If I draw Anime. What they MEAN is do I draw MANGA, and the answer is no.
55. FAVOURITE ALL TIME MOVIE?
Alice in Wonderland, the original. It was one of the movies that inspired me to become an artist.
56. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE SHOW WHEN YOU WERE A KID?
57. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My Techno/Classical station on Pandora. It’s currently playing the dubstep remix of “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons.
58. WHAT IS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
59. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Pacific Blue, a.k.a. “Pacific Ocean” or “Megabyte Blue”.
60. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT ANOTHER PERSON?
61. FAVORITE SPORT TO PLAY?
Hahahahahahaha. Good one!
In all seriousness, I used to be pretty darn good at competitive swimming. Won a dozen blue ribbons and a medal or two. Ah, those were the days.
62. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
63. HUGS OR KISSES?
Chocolate? Hugs. IRL? Neither really, I don’t like physical contact that much. Hugs if it’s necessary.
64. VANILLA OR CHOCOLATE?
65. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
66. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Christmas scents like cinnamon and oranges, baking bread, fall…
67. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
68. DO YOU HAVE ANY PIERCINGS?
69. HOW MANY SIBLINGS DO YOU HAVE?
Two sisters on earth and two brothers in heaven.
70. BACON BITS OR CROUTONS?
Why choose? They make bacon flavored croutons these days.
Yeah, someone’s head just exploded.
71. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK?
Sundays, probably because I’m off work on Mondays and Tuesdays.
72. FAVORITE PHRASE?
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams,” which is the beginning of a poem by Arthur O’Shaughnessy and was later quoted by Willie Wonka in the original ‘Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory’.
73. FAVORITE RESTAURANT?
The Schnitzel Factory.
74. FAVORITE ANIMAL?
Giant Panda, followed closely by the Whale Shark, but let’s face it, animals are all freakin’ awesome.
75. FAVORITE THING TO DO OUTSIDE?
76. FAVORITE THING TO DO WHEN IT'S RAINING?
Sleep or write.
77. FAVORITE DISNEY CHARACTER?
Genie, Mushu, Sebastian, Hades…basically the sarcastic comic relief.
78. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE? IF SO, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND?
Sure, I like the 8 o’clock brand and certain specialty flavors.
79. DO YOU LIKE HOT TEA? IF SO, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLAVOR?
Yes, Earl Grey is my favorite for reasons which should be obvious to anyone who’s been paying attention. Beyond that, I actually collect tea, so there are a gazillion other flavors that I enjoy.
80. TAG SOMEONE.
Whoever read this through to the end is now officially tagged.